You can use a pressure cooker to make a lot of delicacies. Here are some tips on how to make braised pork trotters and braised chicken feet with pressure cookers.
I. The recipes of braised pork trotters
Ingredients: pork trotters, onion, ginger, garlic, dried chili, aniseed, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, salt, cooking wine, and sugar.
1. If you don't have a special knife, ask the seller to chop it into small pieces for you when you buy the trotters. Wash them and soak them in cold water for half an hour to remove the blood inside.
2. Blanch the trotters with hot water to remove the foam.
3. Put the ingredients on the bottom of the food pressure cooker and add the trotters, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce (for coloring and appetite), cooking wine (you can replace it with beer), and 200ml water.
4. Rotate the cover of the pressure cooker and align the red marks on the handle. Turn on the gas and pressurize the pressure cooker with medium fire. Remember to use the red counterweight valve. When the counterweight valve shakes greatly, turn to low fire and heat it for 10 minutes.
5. Turn off the fire ten minutes later. Use the waste heat of the pressure cooker to continue cooking the trotters. After the pressure indicator drops, you can remove the counterweight valve and open the cover.
6. If the trotters can be easily poked by chopsticks, it means that the trotters are completely cooked. It totally takes about 15 minutes, which is much shorter than that of an ordinary stew pot. You only need 15 minutes to cook soft pork trotters with attractive color and delicious taste.
II. The recipes of braised chicken feet
Ingredients: chicken feet, onion, ginger, garlic, dried chili, pepper, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, salt, cooking wine and sugar.
1. Wash the chicken feet and soak them in clean water for half an hour and then cut off the tips of the chicken feet with scissors.
2. If the chicken feet are frozen, blanch them with hot water.
3. After blanching, dry them with kitchen paper and fry them. Actually, frying can be omitted. But fried chicken feet are more fragrant. You can choose to fry them or not, depending on your personal taste.
4. Put the ingredients into the bottom of the pressure cooker and then add the chicken feet.
5. The cooking time is the same as trotters. Heat them for 5 minutes with medium fire. When the counterweight valve starts to rotate greatly, turn it to low fire for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the pressure release. It is recommended that you do not take them out immediately. Soak them in the marinade for one night and put them in the refrigerator to make them tastier.